Easy 1 Pot Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe. Ready in 30 Minutes! This Creamy Cheesy artichoke dip is perfect for parties, picnics, game day. No Cream cheese or vegan cheese subs. Can be glutenfree, nutfree. Jump to Recipe
Planning the Superbowl Party?! Add this creamy spinach artichoke dip to the line up.
Simple everyday ingredients, no cream cheese, Easy, creamy, cheesy and delicious! This Vegan Spinach artichoke comes together within minutes, needs just 1 skillet and is a crowd pleaser. Scoop it up warm bread, pita bread, chips, carrots, or veggies. This dip also makes a great addition to wraps, topping on a pizza, or spinach artichoke melt sandwich. Add some roasted veggies or greens and a good helping of the dip and grill for a melty creamy sandwich.
Lets make this! Change up the flavor, herbs to preference while cooking it in the skillet. See Recipe notes for nutfree and glutenfree options.
MORE IDEAS FOR GAMEDAY
- Vegan Pizza Dip! Layers of Cashew mozz, tomato, sauce, herbed mushrooms!
- Spicy Baked Breaded Cauliflower bites with Celery Ranch.
- Kung Pao Cauliflower
- Jalapeno Popper Dip and Jalapeno Poppers.
- Baked Garlic Fries with Garlic Tahini Sauce.
- Thai Dip with Peanut sauce.
HOW TO MAKE A GREAT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
- The base for this creamy dip is a mix of nuts. Cashews can get pretty expensive, so I use them in combination with walnuts or other nuts for the sauce.
- Additional thickener such as tapioca starch also helps make a creamy thick dip without needing cups and cups of nuts.
- The dip is getting cooked on a skillet, so taste and adjust to preference in the process.
- The dip is easily made glutenfree with gf breadcrumbs or omitting the breadcrumb topping, or use vegan parmesan topping instead.
- For nut-free, use pumpkin seeds and some tofu for volume.
5 from 3 votes
PrintVegan Spinach Artichoke Dip RecipePrep Time10 minsCook Time25 minsTotal Time35 mins
Easy 1 Pot Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe. Ready in 30 Minutes. This Creamy Cheesy artichoke dip is perfect for parties, picnics, game day. No Cream cheese or vegan cheese subs. Can be glutenfree, nutfree. Use a 9 inch skillet or stoneware dish to bakeCourse: Appetizer, SnackCuisine: American, VeganKeyword: spinach artichoke dip, superbowl dip, vegan artichoke dipServings: 6Calories: 185 kcalAuthor: Vegan RichaIngredients
- 1/4 cup cashews ,raw cashews soaked for an hour if needed, (use macadamia nuts or almonds for cashewfree), see Notes for nutfree
- 3 tbsp walnuts (scant 1/4 cup), or use more cashews
- 1 cup non dairy milk , such as almond or soy
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp miso
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp oil , or use broth for sauteeing
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp fresh chives or 1 tsp dried
- 5 oz spinach **
- 14 oz can of artichoke drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs mixed with 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Blend everything from cashews till tapioca starch until smooth creamy mix. (blend for a minute, then let it sit for 5 then blend again)
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add oil or broth.
- Add onion, garlic and pinch of salt and cook until golden. Transfer a third of the onion mixture to the blender with the cream sauce and blend and set aside.
- Add pepper flakes and chives to the skillet and mix in. Add spinach and salt and cook for 1 min(2 mins) if spinach has too much moisture. **
- Add artichokes and mix in. Cook for another minute or 2 to heat up well.
- Add the blended cream sauce and mix in. Continue to cook for 2-3 mins to thicken. Stir frequently to avoid sticking to the bottom. Taste carefully and adjust salt and flavor. Add salt and onion powder if needed. (You can store this dip refrigerated for upto 3 days. Broil when ready to serve).
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs all over, then put in the oven and broil for 4-5 mins. (or bake at 450 deg F if you dont have the broil option)
- Serve hot with crusty bread, crackers, chips, veggies. Use the dip in wraps or make a melt sandwich. Add roasted veggies or mashed beans and the dip and put in a panini press to grill.
Nut-free: Use 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds and 1/4 cup tofu instead of the nuts. Add 1 tsp more tapioca starch to the cream mixture.
Glutenfree: Use glutenfree breadcrumbs, or vegan parm, or omit the topping.
** You can use fresh(chopped), or frozen spinach(thawed for a few mins). Cook for a minute to wilt fresh spinach and 3-4 mins to cook out the moisture from frozen spinach at step 4.